Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Adam Lambert: “I’m proud of my sexuality”


Adam Lambert, runner-up in American Idol already admitted that he’s gay in his interview in the next issue of Rolling Stone.

“I don’t think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I’m gay,” Lambert said.

Talking about his childhood, he said, “I started to realize I wasn’t like every other boy”. About joining AI, he said, “I realized that we all have our own power, and that whatever I wanted to do, I had to make happen”. About his run on the show, he said “I was like, ‘I’m going to glue rhinestones on my eyelids, bitch!’” And about his sexuality he said, “Right after the finale, I almost started talking about it to the reporters, but I thought, ‘I’m going to wait for Rolling Stone, that will be cooler.’” He also added, “I didn’t want the Clay Aiken thing and the celebrity-magazine bullshit. I need to be able to explain myself in context.

“I’m proud of my sexuality,” Lambert adds. “I embrace it. It’s just another part of me.” “I’m trying to be a singer, not a civil rights leader,” he says.

What led him to Idol after years in musical theater? Lambert said, “I knew that it was my only shot to be taken seriously in the recording industry, because it’s fast and broad”.

Wow, it’s good that he came out about his true sexuality. I like his honesty and it was much better that he admitted already so that the people will not be brainwash by some reports about his personality. Nice job Adam Lambert!

Google BookmarkDeliciousDiggFacebookFurlma.gnoliaMixxnewsvineRedditStumbleUponTechnorati

No comments:

Post a Comment